SharjahClassifieds.com operates a thriving online marketplace for residents of Dubai. This is a free service and sharjahclassifieds.com is not involved in any transaction or payment.
While most of the people listing classifieds on sharjahclassifieds.com are nice, normal and honest people we do occassionaly see few scammers placing adverts. The best way to avoid these scams are:
- DEAL LOCALLY WITH PEOPLE YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
- NEVER DEAL WITH ANYONE OFFERRING SOMETHING FOR SALE IN US DOLLARS ($) OR OTHER FOREIGN CURRENCIES - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- SharjahClassifieds.com IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
- AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
- IF SOMETHING SEEMS TO BE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS.